Today’s Messianic movement has arrived at a very important theological and spiritual crossroads. Much of our long term viability and effectiveness as a faith community will be determined by what takes place in the 2010s, and by our approach to a series of important issues surrounding the nature of the Messiah, the reliability of Holy Scripture, our communication style, and whether we want to see all people included and welcome within our assemblies or not.
Confronting Critical Issues is an important compilation book of some of Messianic Apologetics’ key Confronting Issues booklets, as well as some major articles of substance. These are bound to answer some significant questions and controversies that all of today’s Messianic Believers have encountered within their fellowships, congregations, and personal Bible studies. This publication is also bound to stir some of its own controversy, as it inquires how we can be a mature, growing Messianic movement which is able to accomplish all that our Heavenly Father wants us to achieve—or whether those among us are going to disregard our spiritual potential to make a difference.
Some of the subjects addressed in Confronting Critical Issues include:
- urban legends present in the Messianic movement
- the Divinity and Messiahship of Yeshua
- the Shema and the plurality of God
- potential paganism witnessed in the stories of Holy Scripture, and how we are to avoid liberal theology
- the origin of the Apostolic Scriptures
- the negative influence of Jewish mysticism on the Messianic movement
- the Divine Name of God (YHWH/YHVH)
- a proper, edifying communication style for today’s Messianic Believers
- the equality for Jewish and non-Jewish Believers, and both men and women in the Messianic community
This massive powerhouse of material is a must for every Messianic Believer’s library!